Sunday, January 6, 2013

parisienne walks

I spent the week end in Paris, since there are so much to see and I already know all the touristic things, this time I decided to discover the city from a different point of view so I  fallowed the oriental thread.
I visited the newly opened Department of Islamic Art from Louvre, than the Arab World Institute from Paris where I am so glad I could see the exhibitions called 25 Years of Arab Creativity, so beside the traditional values I could have a sight into the modern art as well, lots of talented artists, lots of original works; like Waheeda Malullah s  Red and white.
I finished my walk at the Paris Mosque, beautiful building, at the end I had a nice cup of mint tea and some cookies in a very nice tea house next to the Mosque. So, please do the oriental tour next time you are in Paris! You will see a different side of the city, I bet you will like it! 

1 comment:

  1. You just had my dream weekend. I would love to see that exhibit, hopefully one day soon. :)

    ReplyDelete